Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Friday 2 December 2016

Christmas reading list ...

More Christmas treats .... Thanks to Colin for this bumper glossy coffee table book - a combined birthday/christmas present. I promised I would not open it beforehand, but I did! 
Stunning black and white portraits by Raymond Cauchetier who was photographer on seemingly all those New Wave French films of the late Fifties and early Sixties: They are all here: Belmondo, Brialy, Seberg, Karina, Anouk Aimee, Jeanne Moreau, Francoise Dorleac, the very dapper young Truffaut, Godard, Chabrol, Demy etc. I love it. 

I am awaiting delivery of this new TCM one, it should be a delicious treat too ...

1 comment:

  1. The Movie Nights Menus book is a must. I just got a gorgeous American book from Amazon called AN AUTEURIST HISTORY OF FILM by Charles Silver and published by MoMA. An analysis of individual directors and movies from the silent days until 1980. Right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete