Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Some winter glamour ...

to brighten up a dull December day. Here's Sophia Loren - my Number One favourite - in Antigua back in 1979 - she was making a Michael Winner film there - FIREPOWER ?- which even I did not want to see. I did see her up-close that year though, when she promoted her first autobiography at Selfridges crowded department store in London, and got my copy of the book signed. 
She was still a star people wanted to see in the flesh so the store was mobbed, I had to fight my way to the front .... thanks for the smile Sophia. 

The photos are by ace photographer David Steen who died recently - like Bob Willoughby and Eve Arnold (see labels) in the '50s and '60s. Steen took some great showbiz photos in the '70s, you only have to google them.

2 comments:

  1. Girl knows how to pose - has there ever been a bad picture of her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I bet she looked divine in the flesh. Certainly a dull dreary old December thus far, thanks for adding a bit of glamour to it

    ReplyDelete