Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Thursday 23 April 2015

Marilyn, Monica and those 60s fashion magazines + Romy ...

60s fash mags! I came across this 1962 issue of TOWN magazine online for sale for a pricey £299.00. I had been looking for this, a key magazine of my teenage years, which I had in 1962 when I was 16 - and I still have that cover of Marilyn, from that November 1962 issue, which I have framed (below), its one of those George Barris shots from that beach shoot in 1962, as per my other Marilyn posts. So I think I can pass on this expensive purchase. 

TOWN was a '60s London fashion/style glossy, aimed at that man about town (rather like NOVA was for the emerging discerning female) - I also had this TOWN issue with Monica Vitti - right - I would love to get this again.  
Another Monica Vitti cover I had not seen before is this VOGUE from October 1965, left.. 

And it seems VOGUE also had a man's issue, as per this one here, with Edward Fox - very 1960s.

And looking at covers, I had to keep this 1982 issue of PARIS MATCH celebrating Romy Schneider, and covering her death and final interviews etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment