Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Saturday 30 August 2014

More old movie magazines 1

We got another selection of old 50s and 60s movie magazines - those quality British ones: "Films & Filming" and "Sight & Sound", and a few "Plays & Players". - I had that 1972 one, on American theatre, with Bacall on the cover, and an interview with Tennessee Williams.  I saw that 1980 HAMLET too at the Royal Court, it was a highly praised production at the time, with Jonathan Pryce and Jill Bennett - I must return to that when I get around to all those Hamlets ...
The film ones also have interesting interviews with the likes of Hitchcock, Bergman (Ingmar), Fellini & Antonioni. At least I can scan and preserve them ... I like that cover with Belmondo (THE MAN FROM RIO), and Lee Remick in SANCTUARY, and Coward and Guinness in OUR MAN IN HAVANA, and Julie Christie with gay photographer pal Roland Curram in DARLING. These capture that mid-60s vibe nicely, like those ones with Monica Vitti as MODESTY BLAISE or David Hemmings in BLOW-UP.





No comments:

Post a Comment