Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Thursday 7 November 2013

Happy Birthday Joni

Happy 70th Birthday to Joni Mitchell .... here is that delicious video I love of hers from 1988 - "Dancing Clown" where she is washing the dishes and having fun with her cat in her kitchen. I have it in that video cassette COME IN FROM THE COLD, it is also on  her website: www.jonimitchell.com.
While on holiday in Ireland last week it was good to see the new issue of UNCUT magazine with another cover story on Joni with a new interview as she turns 70. It also has a nice run-down on her albums (though not SHADOWS AND LIGHT), and also a feature "Top 50 singer-songwriter albums", with Joni's BLUE at number 10. The magazine too turned me on to White Denim - I just had to get their new album CORSICANA LEMONADE. It arrives today. 

Good to see the interest in Joni continues as ever .... I wrote to the magazine to mention the time I met her in the street purely by chance in 1972, after her concert here when she was touring with Jackson Browne, then - yikes, over 40 years ago. As I said, its a nice memory of being 25 and walking along Kings Road, Chelsea with Joni Mitchell ... (full story at Joni label).

No comments:

Post a Comment