Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

7th November - its a good day ...

Good news from America ...

Good luck to my sister-in-law Mary, having a hip replacement operation in Dublin ...

Its Joni Mitchell's birthday - happy birthday Joni and trust the box-set (see below) is selling well, my friend Martin has also bought it - its driven me back to the other albums which could make up another box ...

My Doris Days are arriving so I can have my own mini-Doris festival in December, some of the titles the BFI is not showing in its retrospective of just 12 titles (see below) - I have at least 5 others to factor in to December viewing.

A new batch of rarities too, including the English versions of those favourites of mine: the 1958 THE SEA WALL (THIS ANGRY AGE) and Rene Clement's 1954 KNAVE OF HEARTS (MR RIPOIS) with Gerard Philipe, Joan Greenwood etc. also 3 more Romy Schneiders, another Deneuve (Techine's LES VOLEURS (THIEVES), STROMBOLI, METELLO, Gabin and Delon in MELODIE EN SOUS SOL, more rare early British '60s: TWO LEFT FEET, 80,000 SUSPECTS, and a long unseen Garbo: THE PAINTED VEIL. Gonna be busy ! Reports in due course ...

and PS: That play I saw recently, David Hare's THE JUDAS KISS (Theatre label) with Rupert Everett as Oscar Wilde, is now getting an extended London run early next year from January to April - so if you are planning a trip to London, factor it in (at Duke of Yorks Theatre). It should get to Broadway too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment