Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Monday 23 April 2012

The Doors at the Roundhouse again ...

I am back on television again this week, as the UK Sky Arts 1 channel is doing a few screenings (on Thur 26) of that 1968 documentary THE DOORS IN EUROPE (which is also on dvd) which I posted about here a year or two ago ... Doors link. I was 22 at the time and my hippie friends and I were sitting on the floor in front of the stage - at one point Morrison was towering over me in that white shirt and leather trousers, and he was covered in sweat.   We were all bombed at the time of course - the night was shared with Jefferson Airplane who did two gigs, as did The Doors, but only the Doors one was recorded for television, pity not in colour. Perfectly 60s then ... thats me in the lower right corner. The Roundhouse in Camden was a great venue then for concerts, we also saw The Who and Traffic there among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment