Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

White jeans and a new BLOW-UP book !


A terrific image from that favourite movie of mine BLOW-UP with David Hemmings in those white jeans. I wore white jeans too then - we all did, when worn well and kept clean they were just cool and such a change to blue jeans.

From a new book I have just ordered, yet another BLOW-UP book - I already have about half a dozen (as per Antonioni label), this one is ANTONIONI'S BLOW-UP by Philippe Garner and David Alan Mellor. I can't wait ... good that there are still things to say about Antonioni's masterwork. I for one can't get enough of Hemmings in the park and those studio scenes and the London I knew then - I lived near the restaurant in Chelsea too. That was me on the screen when I was 21, its how we looked and dressed. Key '60s stuff then.

I have a new clutch of '60s movies to (re)watch too: KING RAT, MORGAN, ISADORA, THE MAGIC CHRISTIAN, BEDAZZLED, THE MUSIC LOVERS ... more on those in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment