Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Monday 27 September 2010

Showpeople (4): "first you're another sloe-eyed vamp" ...

Just a trio of those troupers who belted out Sondheim's "I'm Still Here" from "Follies":

Eartha does it her way - I saw Eartha Kitt in a 90's London revivial, she stopped the show every night !



Much as I love Dolores Gray (and I do, check my label on her) she is frankly too old and matronly here, from a Royal Variety Show...


Very surprised by Yvonne De Carlo - the original Carlotta - she is sensational here on a David Frost show - she plays it perfectly and gets the dynamics of the lyrics - wish I had seen her then !

The clips (and probably other versions) are on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment